R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 04:01 AM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by lawndoggie
what about doggie bones? You know of any dog bones other than the hudy/serpent stuff that fits the front?
I don't know of any dog bones other than the Serpent one that fits the front.

They don't have to be super strong, as I think I'll end up lossing them rather than breaking them, although I managed to do both in 2 outing! hahahahaa
Ummm, what you could do is to paint them in flourecent colour so that it's easy to spot them if they toss out.

Secondly, you could use cable ties to loop around the dog bones when it's installed. The other end of the cable tie can either be connected to the shock tower or any other part on the car. This way when the dogbones come out, they do not fly off. The cable tires will not allow the dogbones to fly far. You should not tighten the cable tie hard on the dogbone. Just enough to make a loop around it in order for it not to bind. This is actually what I did when I started out. When I hit the steering knuckles less, I did not use it anymore. Also, make sure the horizontal spacing of the front dogbones are not excessive. Else, put spacers in a form of fuel tubing in the one way drive cup to push the dogbone fully into the wheel side. Not too tight to bind the suspension. Just enough will do.

Hey another question. My poor pipe.. its got dent on it.. looking bad!! I think someone told me about putting some sort of liquid in it and then put it in the freezer to "reverse" the dent??
Do you know of any ways to fix it?
Thanks
Yes, put in water (some say put milk ! ). Plug the pipe nicely so that the water is fully trapped in the pipe. You can use the silicone caps like the ones sold by Mugen to cap the pipe, engine carb etc.

Put the pipe in the freezer for the whole night and bring it out afterwards. You may need to do it a few times depending on how bad the damage is. Good luck !