R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What should I upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sokar
I understand. Again, I'm not looking to enter any international tournaments here. I just want a little extra torque for fun. $100+ servos seem way overboard for this. I'm not upgrading anything until it arrives, I unpackage it, and break it in. Then I'll make a determination.

But like I said, if I were to upgrade servos I'm only looking for a little something to boost my torque for a little sharper turns.

Well JR make some that are $200 so $100 isn't hat bad. If you are even going to club race you need the servos. Remember they control everything. You can have a big expensive engine and an all option upgaded buggy but if yo can't control it what good is it? You can buy the cheap 50 buck servos but within 6 months or so you will more tham likely be buying another one. Spend the $100 and be dne with it. Servos are very important. This hoby is not cheap or for the budget orientaited. You can race on a budget but yo still will spend some money. If you are just bashing around then nothing in this post pertains to you at all.