R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Question on O.S. Speed's
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I started running an os speed wc II about a month ago and I love it. It was expensive but I believe that you get what you pay for. I run a 8t 2.0 and the speed has pleanty of power as a matter of fact it flat screams I gear up to 14 cb on larger tracks and it has no problem. I can out pull any racer so far on the straights with no problem. I did install an eb mode head button and I noticed a big improvement. I am getting 10:30-11 min on a tank and I am very pleased with the performance of this engine. Temps are 240's when tuned right. I have just over 2 gallons on it and it has tons of pinch. I do have a buddy who runs a pro twister mod vspec and that engine will give the speed a run for it's money. His RC8 is one of the fastest I have seen. With all the mode the PTM version isvsry very close to the speed and about $150 less. For me I like the bling that comes with the speed, but the PTM is just as strong and it looks identical except the head is blue. The crank has the coatinng, it's balanced, the ceramic bearings are there, the head is cross drilled, the rod has a lot of work done to it, and the head button has been modded so no need to change it. I am sure I missed something but these engines are great. I highly reccomend them. If you have the cash go for the speed. If you want to save a little get the PTM, you will not be disappointed.