R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO
Old 06-20-2009, 06:22 PM
WARDO
Tech Master

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
What I don't understand is why every single form of competitive sport racing hobby that they make you qualify at a smaller level to make it to the next level. It just does not make sense that anyone can race a National event in rc. Further more privateers have to race with the professionals but that is another topic for another time.

I think that I read that it would be hard to manage regionals to qualify but Rc Pro does it.
Not really true. You can show up and race in a NHRA national event. You can race the CWS Truck series, and Nation Wide series. You can run national kart events. How can you tell a member. that pays the same membership price, they can't compete?
We use to have to qualify, via the regional path, but some areas, had alot of people trying to qualify, and some regions had just a few. And just because you had someone qualify, if the were in a region that had just a few people, it was possible a beginer could still run the nats. So that throws out the idea, that the nats were just for the best drivers.
i guess my point is, we do things like we do, because lots of these ideas have been tried, and didn't work.
But I think everyone should keep throwing ideas out there, I think there is a group in ROAR, that is listening.