R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 12:54 PM
JS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan-Mini
Yeah i agree matey, the Cup Racer is way more advanced than any M-03, probably better comparing to the ABC genetic but since ive never owned one i compared with the mini.

It is a tricky kit to build, i dont have my instruction manual to hand but should the nyloc nut inside the hub be ca'd into place? It tends to push out when replacing a wheel.

I dont like the front camber adjustment though, bit of a pain to adjust when finding the right set up. My only dig at it so far though!
+1 on the Front camber adjustment. When I first built the kit, the camber was not the same. I had to shave the the plastic piece (part 85280) that connected the hub to the arm. Quick camber adjustments is impossible since you have to add or decrease the amount of shims in between the front arms and part 85280 (Dont know how to name that piece).

Other than that, the kit is great. Far more tuneability and quality than the M-chassis. The ABC Genetic would be the closest rival to the Cup Racer in my opinion. I recently purchased the ABC Genetic kit since I wanted to join the huge following at BCR in Orange, CA. But I will use the Cup Racer Chassis with the ABC body, wheels and tires.

Fortunately, i have not come across any major issues. Besides hearing all of the issues for the Cup Racer. As with all 1st Generation items, there will always be minor issues that will be resolved later.

I only use a 540J silver can motor. I did get a higher end ESC with the Tekin FX Pro. This ESC is great. So much features. The performance really woke up after tuning the Drag Brake, Throttle Profile, etc. Also has a lipo cutoff. Everything else is stock and it's working awesome. Big smiles. The drivetrain is super smooth. Rear end does not loose control. I can dive into corners agressively.

All in all - very happy with the kit.