R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GM Brushless
Thread: GM Brushless
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Martin Hofer
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kajman
Another question - about logger of current and rpm, how to store it into memory?? I have both Genius 90 and updated 95 and 85 and cannot read out this data, what should I do? Maybe power should be connected after measurement untill PC connected or...?
press the button shortly once after driving, then unplug from the batt
connect to the pc and read out the data

Originally Posted by tomracing
right so i worked my way through about 52 pages of this topic to try and understand a bit more about the genius120 as i am thinking about using it for 10.5 lipo touringcar.
but i am still left with the following questions:

-I played a bit with the software for the 120 versions 1.1.5 / 1.2.1 /1.3.6
now they all hold the factory settings so i loaded 8.gda changed the value to mode 3 in the software. it comes up with the pop-up questions answered as described in the stock-howto and saved it as a new .gda file.
now with all three software i get exactly the same file as the orginal 8.gda except for the mode now beeing 4 instead of 128 as it is mode3 i am writing.
all other variables are the same as we kept the mode8 background stuff and the basic mode8 values just stored it under mode3. so didn't i just create two the same profiles on my esc?

there's a reason why I wrote to do the mode copying like the way I wrote ...
don't use the standard settings ... they are not the same as the ones on the esc itself

stick to the stock how-to ...

-software version 1.3.6 has the special functions tab. does the controller need the firmware updated to use these functions?

don't mess around with that ... I asked for it not to be made available to public but it was made available ...
you will very sure mess up your esc settings

-so if all programming of the modes is free and the changing of mode value to 3 is of use and suppose i want to quickly see the difference between 6over3 v.s 8over3. can i program both these combinations into the esc in different mode locations (say 2 and 3) so i can switch between them at track with just transmitter and not need a laptop?

every mode is different ...

hope my questions make sense as i am just going by what i read, tried and understood from the manual and software.
thanks
see above