R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fukuyama Batteries
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Maj. Teeth
Tech Master

Default Funny Story about Thailand's Reedy Race

WOW! I could not BELIEVE this!!!!

I just heard from Anthony and I am still trying my darnest to wipe the bigX$$ grin off my face.

What had happened was that I was only aware of two drivers from Hong Kong who attend the race and of course Alan Yau came in 5th in the invitational beating Surikarn and some others.

What I DIDN'T know was that there were two other racers from Hong Kong who were also racing and was struggling because of battery and traction problems. Then, I was told that by the end during the finals, these racers finally all decided to ditch their self brought batteries and borrowed Fukuyama Batts. Although this may seemed like an idea, but there were only 8 Team Spec packs and Alan was nice enough to share them with 3 other drivers which means 4 drivers all sharing 8 packs! Well, besides Alan Yau who took 5th in the A, Dereck Hung was using a Fukuyama pack and took 1ST in B-main, and TO Chi Kai/sponsored by Tamiya were also using Fukuyama packs and took in another 1ST in C-main. So with just 8 packs, we had 1 driver beating the World Champ, 1 driver taking home a B-main 1ST trophy and 1 driver taking home 1st C-main trophy! I REALLY THINK THIS IS AWESOME!