R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thanks GCS.....
Thread: Thanks GCS.....
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 11:10 AM
98SILVERSTANG
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rctouringracer
I was there & raced in the event. I saw the spectacle of the 1/5th scale racers.
I realize they were trying to promote their class, but I have concerns about class & will never promote it. The vehicles looked too dangerous and not only have the ability hurt an adult spectator but could seriously injury a young child. I had several children with me and did not feel comfortable having them close to 1/5th scale event. There are not enough barriers around that track & the vehicles are simply too large and over powered. You did not gain a fan last weekend I personally feel that part of the event was a waste of time. I realize they were trying to promote their class but I personally think it was a failure & it may have sealed the fate of this class.

The fact that you may not be interested in 5th scale doesn't make it a waste of time. If I hit someone with my 1/8th scale on-road car at 55mph I am sure I'd do some damage to that person as well.

Attitudes like the ones displayed in this thread is what makes people not even want to participate in any type of racing!

Alain