R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 12:09 AM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by AJunkie_02
Hey D,

thanks for the reply.. i'm gonna be a little more pain in the @$$ with the next question... if it has little difference in the CG, why do it on the 950-R? isn't the little bit of tuning does help sometimes?
Beats me but I have to admit about the cool factor of seeing just the top of the radio plate with no throttle servo ! Perhaps Michael, Julius, Rene or Rob from Serpent can directly address this issue here...

Like I said, I would think there would be some performance benefit using a laid down throttle servo. But I guess the performance benefit does not add up a lot when a lot of space is also take up side ways.

Talking about space, I also remembered someone (perhaps one of the team Serpent guys) say that by putting the throttle servo laid down, you take up space side ways and outwards from the centreline and while putting the weight down, you also distribute the weight more outwards. By putting more weight further away from the centreline, you create more polar moment in the car which is not good. That's all I can think of...