R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Race Fuels???
Thread: Race Fuels???
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
az00lude
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
Gearhead Racer, what are you hum...'ing about? If you have a question or comment please feel free to post it. I'm a straight shooter and can take it also, there's nothing worse than cryptic comments.

Pimp_9000. In a nutshell you want to either increase the size of the brass vent tubes (using larger diameter tuber) or increase the amount of them using a larger amount (more) of the smaller diameter tubes. The old ones would need to be removed and the gun modified to accept the new ones and then these would be brazed in. Fuel guns are gravity fed but if there is not enough air being fed into the rear of the gun (this replaces the fuel that goes into the tank) a vacuum can form slowing the fuel flow. I've played with Collari's in the past and at that time his was modified to have seven small diameter vent tubes. It was really, really fast.

Mike thanks for the response and clarification. This makes a little more sense, in your post on the other thread you said that there was the same amount of oil's left which is why I questioned the results. Regarding the oil content that you mentioned in your post this should be easily attainable using the Klotz that they use. From my testing with their oil it is possible to run a minimum of 8% oil using a combination of their synthetic and castor oil without resulting in what I would consider unacceptable levels of engine wear in the hands of a knowledgeable tuner. Unfortunately this is also the key words "knowledgeable tuner". I've tested oil packages that can be run without a problem down to 4% but how do you sell this? Way too much variation in skill levels amongst the "average tuner" and these are unfortunately the majority of the purchasers and the ones we have to make sure can safely use our products

On a side note I'm glad that you have used our products in the past and have liked them and appreciate the fact that the Torco guys make good products and take good care of the guys in AZ. However my questions/comments/statements have nothing to do with any of that nor Torco's product specifically (with the exception of the question directly related the evaporation results from your test). For some reason everyone here in the US and on our forums specifically seem to be so hyper sensitive about having simple discussions/information exchanges. They (talking in general here not specifically about you) always seem to believe that simply because some one states something that might not necisarrely jibe with their expectations/thoughts on a product, is counter intuitive or whatever that they are "bashing a product".

It's really kind of sad and unfortunately one of the reasons that you do not find a lot of business owners or decision makers posting on forums other than to maybe just quickly pump their products for a second. Most of us avoid these places like the plague simply because it always seems to turn into some type of bash fest instead of an intelligent discussion/debate. Unfortunately the only ones that end up loosing out because of this are the users. Frankly and I do not like saying this but here in the US we have some of the best drivers in the world but also some of the least technologically savvy hobbyists.

I'm a naturally curious person and started my business partially because I questioned why things had to be done a certain way. This questioning resulted in us developing the first 5 port .12's with Picco because why does a .12 only have to have 3 ports? The creation of the outlaw touring class for sedan, because why cant there be 1/10th lola's and all of the parts to make a faster touring car? Making the first .30 and .32 dedicated car engines (not helicopter motors), because you cant beat more displacement! Producing the first stock engine with a lightened cooling head, because why should customers have to buy an expensive motor and then have to buy and aftermarket cooling head too? Creating one of the few true competition level fuel that the average driver can buy at the time, because why should we sell one fuel and then have our team drivers use a completely different version that we don't sell? Etc. etc. etc. This is where innovation comes from. Heck look at Losi, why do all 1/8th scale cars have to look alike? resulted in the Eight! Ok, just noticed how long this got....getting off my soap box now lol!!!

BTW, his name is Marcus, not Mike.