R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

No, I don't have an R40 yet, but I will before next racing season. I ran a Trinity ReflexNT all last season and it was an excellent handling car. It responded better to tuning input than ANY car (electric or nitro) than I have ever seen! Buuuuttttt, like I said, I don't keep cars for long. So I'm trying the R40 for next year.

Don't get me wrong, I like hop ups as much as the next guy. I just like to actually have some of the original car left when I'm done! Some of those guys over there will only have the stock gear cases and suspension arms left when they get done adding and modifying stuff!

I ran my Reflex pretty stock(except for a spring tuning kit), so I willl probably do the same with the R40. I don't really mind the plastic shocks. I ran Corally cars for a couple years with them. They're lighter and as long as they're made well, they'll work just as well as aluminum. And I don't think I'm quite ready to run nitro with a one-way! So the car seems pretty well stocked out of the box for my needs.