R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What do you think of traxxas?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 01:59 PM
freestylinmotox
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
They are most certainly just in it for the money, but for a total Newbie getting your first ever Nitro car, I would surely say my experience with Traxxas was just what I needed. 1999 got my first Nitro (T-Maxx) ease of opening the package and having fun was exactly what I needed to start out with. DVD instructions, detailed engine break in, lots of instructions on air filter maintenance and after run procedures for the engine, etc, etc. Traxxas is still the easiest cars to start (push a damn button) and the engine was super easy to tune with detailed tuning instructions. I had many hours of enjoyment without all the hassles that come with competition kits and engines. As things broke, I upgraded to RPM and Integy stuff, and by the time I was done I had a $4000 T-maxx (which was sold for $300) I learned allot from that truck and loved it so much I bought their 4 tec, and Jato, before I switched to 8 scale buggies. Traxxas taught me allot about Nitro RC both on and off road...That being said their vehicles are useless on a track, and break easily..but parts are cheep and plentiful and easily upgraded..In conclusion I would say if you just want to open the box and have fun..definately buy Traxxas..if you think you may ever want to race, or even just run on a track..look elsewhere
+1