R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 10.5T motors aggregated informations - specifications and comparison
Old 06-12-2009, 02:21 PM
lochness42
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
lochness42 - knock yourself out! Not going to deliver what you want though... All I'm saying is the characteristics of the motor are delivered by the software, not the construction of the motor or its numbers. It's like having the chip in your road-car engine management system re-programmed - the numbers on the original engine don't mean squat!! Good luck, and have fun!
Yeah I know that software does make big difference - my switch from Sphere TC to SPX Stock Spec proved that, but you can't say that motor doesn't have any role in performance. Do you belive that you can get same performance from common Ford Fiesta as from Mclaren just by reprogramming chip? I also belive that some motors can survive reprogramming easily and some won't because they weren't designed that way (or some can provide bigger performance than others even after reprogramming).
I just don't want to waste time and money on motor that can't provide what I want.