R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best V-Spec pipe
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 PM
JAMMINKRAZY
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Ask your questions here and then go buy at your LHS..Dont ask them for advice anymore as they seem to be completely clueless, or the only pipe they had in stock to sell you was an 086..Go return it if you can..if not put in in your box..Its a great pipe to have to add to your arsenal, but not at all suited for the V-spec..086 pipe will be great with any engine that has 7 or more ports..which will greatly reduce your run times as well
Not sure about your 7 port theory, but you are definately correct about asking questions here. I have learned that most LHS's are completely useless when it comes to info.

Typically the more ports an engine has, the better the top end is. The fewer ports the better the low end. On high port engines you typically want to use a low end or midrange pipe. On low port engines(such as 3 ports) you usually want a top end pipe(086). The V-spec however is definately an exception to these rules. The v-spec has soo much top end as it is you really don't need a top end pipe. Personally I don't really focus on top end. As long as it is decent, I am fine with it. Now bottom to midrange is where you really need the power on most tracks. You can only really use the top end of most motors on very large tracks. Ok, so point is, usually a top end pipe such as the 086 is used on 3-5 port engines, not 7+ ports.