R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 06-11-2009, 04:40 PM
E.J. Evans
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rod M
Thanks for the setup E.J.

were you running any weight along the centre of the chassis?

would this setup be suitable as a baseline setup for running 10.5 / 17.5 ?

or is there a kit setup that is more stable/suitable to start with.
Hi Rod, yes I was running weights along the center of the chassis. I'll take some pictures and post them. I think it will be a suitable setup for 10.5, 13.5, and 17.5.

Originally Posted by CraigM
Question for E.J. & Josh regarding the Reedy Race setups:

How come you guys are running front arm sweep? What effect does this have on the handling?
Hey Craig, Josh will have to answer this. I'm not sure what it really does. If you do try it though, remember that it changes your wheel base so make sure to account for that with arm position by putting more spacers in the rear like I did.

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Just curious EJ, was that setup mostly for the spec Jaco blues? For club racing are you changing your setup? I know everyone is always messing with setup, but I think you know what im trying to ask lol

And how tough are the suspension parts? I know the Scythe had Cyclone parts, and they can be fragile. The Photon parts look alot tougher?

Thanks

I dont know. Ohhh well
During club racing I always like trying new things, so I'm sure it will change a little. I ran this setup at SW with Sorex and it worked great. The Photon suspension parts are pretty tough. Not bullet proof, but definitely about as good as what’s best in the market today. The arms are BEEEEEFY. LOL

Originally Posted by Hebiki
ok... take it outside of this thread.. and into his own.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post5926611

EJ.. sorry about that. back to the regularly scheduled Photon programming!
Thanks Chris and racenut!