R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Shop(Birmingham, AL)
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 01:58 PM
ABURTON
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default The Speed Shop(Birmingham, AL)

Hey guys,

Guess I'm gonna go ahead and put this out there for you. I have been doing this for a while now in my local area( I have a couple out of state customers) and it seems to be working good for everyone.

Besides prepping my own equipment I have been helping others as well. It all started in my shop with me and a couple of friends. They named it the "Speed shop" and it kinda stuck. I started helping them get going and people seen the results start to improve with them so I gathered up a nice supply of customers.

What the shop offers is a variety of things...

Want your new kit sent to the shop for a build and have it good to go from the start? Send it to us and we will make it right!

$100 for kits, $60 for race rollers plus shipping
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do a full race prep on any buggy or truggy. Any brand is welcome and depending on where or what you run I'll do the research to make sure it is set up properly. Any little tricks I know or can find I'll do as every little bit helps. Many racers think that it's as simple as just building the kit but the more expeirenced racers know much different. Something so small as a screw to tight, or hinge pins or o-rings binding make a huge difference. So if your headed to your next big race and want to see the difference give me a shout!

The Charge for this is $60 plus parts and shipping. This will get it a good clean up, prepped, brakes set up, etc. The same go through I give mine on a weekly basis.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also mount and balance tires. This can be tricky to do neat and correcty and anyone who knows me can stand behind me on this. If truggy tires are not balanced it's a waste of time, buggy tires not so much but it comes with the service anyways!

Per set is $10 plus shipping. and this includes the cleaner, glue, and balance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also do sleeve pinches and bearing replacement. Don't be fooled into using one of the hose clamp types! Ours is made by Chris Burling @ BMOD racing products and is one of the leading pinchers out there! No need for a $600 pincher and a $200 bearing tool, just send it to us.

Our price for new bearings, pinch, and the bearings installed is $60! We also use high quality TKO Ceramic Bearings! Price includes bearings!

Just need a sleeve pinched? Send us the engine and $25. That will cover the service and shipping! We will also clean up the engine, etc while torn down.
Last but not least we do engine break ins. Although I have my own method that I have learned over the years I will do it any way the customer wants. We use either Nitrotane or Byrons fuel for the break in and have it in the shop. $60 and this includes the fuel and extra plug!

Guys if your interested give shoot me a email @ [email protected] and we can go from there. Other than my travel races I am in the shop several hours every day. We can get a time frame worked out and get ya going!

Also, if you have to post how you would rather do your own work then obviously this thread is not directed towards you. I want to help people who need help a few times to have a positive experience in this hobby. Once they learn then they no longer need something like this.

Thanks and good racing!

AB