R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:19 AM
airwoods
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Cool
I've had my Cyclone Moore Speed for over 2 years now and have only raced it occasionally. I've recently noticed that when the car runs while I steer it, there is severe front drivetrain vibrations (i verified this by flipping car over, gunning the throttle and steering at the same time.). No problems with straight line running. Only while turning is this observed. I have a spool up front and new hb cyclone front steel universals and axles. I have also rebuilt the entire front end as per instructions and the problem persists. I think I am losing too much traction and speed on corners because of this. It is less noticeable without the front tires on the car but really bad with them on. I've tried different wheels/tires sets as well and it did not help and my wheel/tire sets are pretty much balanced.

Has anyone observed anything similar with their cyclones? I love my cyclone and hope someone can help. My 415 does not exhibit such vibrations.
I have had this problem too with my cyclone s with the stock dogbones so ordered the mip cvd's and it still chatters when steering in cranked but it doestnt seem to affect the handling when i race.I have heared of several brands of cars that do this but my 18r doesnt and is very smooth.