R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:24 AM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As far as traveling in VTA goes, I've seen a number of racers willing to travel in the Indiana/Illinois/Ohio area. Usually a track will have regulars that never travel, but with the rules package in VTA travel is so much easier. I know that I don't have to buy anything different to race at a different track. The only thing I've had to worry about is parking lot vs. low bite carpet vs. high bite carpet. I've raced VTA at 10 different tracks in 5 states and was able to get around the track with the same base setup without too much trouble.

I have noticed that there are more VTA drivers travelling to the next nearest track to them more than any other racing I've done. In Indiana, we get drivers that travel between Indy & Lafayette (near Purdue Univ), Indy & Ft. Wayne, and even Indy & Mishawaka. We have also had a few drivers travel between Indy & Cincinnati and even Ft. Wayne & Cincinnati. I've also heard of other drivers travelling between various tracks in eastern and Northern Illinois.

If a point could be made it is that it is very easy to travel to other tracks with a VTA car (other than gas prices).