R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "the break in bible"
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Racecrafter
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by stephen_bess
I'm flattered that my post from 4+ years ago the S-Grid has made it here to RC Tech as a "break in Bible." It was written quickly in response to someone asking a question on the Starting Grid, and if I had known it would was going to make its way around the interwebs a billion times, I probably would have spent more time writing it & clarifying more things, LOL.

Houston, thanks for spreading the message...helping people is all I really care about, and is the reason I took the time to write that all up in the first place. If someone has been helped from this post, I'm happy.

Still, it would be ultra cool to receive some sort of acknowledgment in your original post, since it does come across as though you've typed them in as your own words. No big deal.

BTW, the method I wrote about is certainly not exclusively my invention. It's just a method I put my own twist on and wrote about after learning as much as possible from RC'ers much more experienced and smarter than I am I've been fortunate to talk engines in detail with experts like Ron Paris, Rody Roem, Steve Pond, Dave Gierke, Jim Hottinger, Ed Bridges, Alberto Picco..the list goes on. This break-in method is the result of learning from those guys, and it has worked for a lot of people.

Enjoy guys, I rarely visit forums but was told about this thread so I thought I'd drop by. Good luck breaking-in your next engine, no matter what method you choose.

Whatever Bessy......

Here's a break in method for ya, it's called take it out of the box, clutch it, install it, air filter it, fuel it, fire it, tune it to op temp, tune it and race it!

I'll spare the details of procedure for ya