R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan
Old 06-10-2009, 01:55 AM
pgeldz
Tech Addict

Ok folks, I secured us a Connex. The pickens were VERY slim for something that actually meets our requirements, but I got very lucky and got the best of the lot.

There were actually 2 of them, but one of them is missing a door, and the roof wasn't as nice as the one I secured.

There's a catch though. If someone secures the other Connex and goes to pick it up BEFORE we get ours, it's a possibility they will give ours away first since it's in way better condition. This happened today with my file cabinets. They literally gave them to someone else, even though I put a freeze on them. I ended up getting them back in the end, but it'll be MUCH harder to do with something as large as this Connex.

Bottom line, we need to have this thing picked up STAT, so there is no chance of it getting taken from under us.

Here's what I got us:

It's just about perfect. It's in great shape, and already has lockers in side labled "Flammable" that we can store fuel in, etc. The roof is perfectly flat, so it'll be a great base to use as a floor to build upon for our drivers stand.

Fellas, if any of you have any pull with vehicle ops, we need to get a tractor-trailer and pick this up ASAP. Can anyone help with this? I was able to secure it, but it'll be hard-pressed to get the transportation piece to Courtney past my leadership.

The longer we wait, the more chance someone may take it from us.

Please let me know...

- Paulie