R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hey John, no excussess needed, I understood what you are getting at. I'll give them a try.

Hebiki, is that a modified "goop" profile? And what temps where you seeing? Can I get a copy of it, or do you have it posted somewhere?

For both of you, again, where are you shooting your temps at? I'd just like to be consistant with what your doing. I usually temp off of the lable of the motor.

How soon do you do your temp readings, as I've had on a few occassions, had a motor come off warm but when re-checking a minute or so later the temp is higher than from initial reading.

Thanks for the input guys.
it's not a goop setting. its a setting from Robert Morris (owner of Ko Propo USA). my car was coming off at 155-163deg F. im not sure if the motor cools down from the time i pull over when the race ends to the time i get down from the drivers stand to temp the car. profile is not posted yet. i havent had a chance to get a screenshot.

i temp the motor in 2 places. from the bottom of the chassis (so the can itself) and on the end bell. usually do it twice to make sure.