R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:59 AM
mikky32
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THancock
The brakes on my RS Pro are pants

It is the only thing I don't like about it. I have changed firmware versions from 1.89 to 1.98 and they are still pants.

The most annoying thing is the speedo has a lot of power, I just can't stop the thing in time unless I brake earlier than the cars around me.

If you can get the brakes to work more like the Nosram/LRP speedos then it will be a killer package.

I have tried resetting the transmitter throttle range to the speedo and a friend checked the full brake LED flashing was correct at the weekend as well.

And before anyone says "don't use the brakes", when you're in a final, you just know that everyone else is going to be going into the first corner hot and braking late, if you're not doing the same you're going to regret it.

Are there any plans to improve the brakes at all?
Take an other line into the first corner. I do it all the time and all my start's made me win 2 to 3 places after the first corner and i never use the brake. I drive one way so i can't use it on full power.
When i drive with a spool i don't have braking problems. enough braking power for me.