R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DREAUX'S PERSONAL THREAD
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 04:19 PM
dreaux
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I wish i could have made it. I had to work My friend made it, he said the amain was totally sick. One of the best races he has ever seen. When he said that i felt even worse for having to miss it.

Question. When i put my car on the stand and turn the wheels, the front ones turn in almost exact unison with the other side (the other front wheel) having a very small delay. On the back tires when i turn one of them the other side turns on a bigger delay. It's very noticable. The front not so much, you have to really look at it. If i turn both front tires the back ones turn in unison with a small delay. Does this makes sense? Does this mean i have too much play in my rear diff. I painstakingly made sure it was shimed right front and rear. The front only needed one shim (for less mesh) while i thought the back needed none. Does this mean i need to shim the back with one shim for more mesh?? How much play is normal? Just a tick?

Hate to take my rear end apart for nothing. Not that it's that much trouble. The front end however can be a pain in the you know what.