R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GM Brushless
Thread: GM Brushless
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Martin Hofer
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Manu_05'
Last question Martin...

In comparaison with your setting, I have 22 Reserved and 9 Frequency.

What will be the difference ?
we always use frequency 1 in Modified and 3 in stock

Originally Posted by jonny123
I am interested in getting a GM 10.5 motor for the Tc national here in the UK BUT ive heard rumours that they will lack in performance and not run very well when with a Nosram Esc and that they are really made for the GM esc's. Also i have heard that they are meant for Esc's that have variable timing like the GM or Stock spec esc's and dont perform aswell with an esc without this feature like the Nosram ISTC etc.

Is this true?

Could someone help me as i need a motor very soon and was interested in the GM , i dont know now though?
in general for stock you should use a ESC with stock software, otherwise you will always lack performance
but the motor ofcourse also works with a nosram speedo

gm stock motors are absolut #1 choice amongst racers here in germany with over 95% of the drivers at the last german outdoor national used the GM motor

Originally Posted by blue247carz
Hey Martin hope were all keeping you busy good job.

Could you tell me on version 1.3.6 where it has opened up the special tab which has the switching point rpm, and timing 2 & 1 adjustable settings, what does this actually change and how and which is the best settings to run on with GM 6.5 with 12.5 rotor.
I am already running in mode 8 over 3 and running on a medium sized asphalt track geared at 7.0fdr
I am currently running switching RPM @ 25,000rpm
Timing 2 @ 120 & Timing 1 @ 80

Many Thanks

Paul
set switchpoint to something around 18000 and timing 1 and 2 both to 110

don't mess around with special settings ... most / nearly all of the teamdrivers don't do so too
it's far more complicated than what it looks like and you will most likely mess up more than you gain

Originally Posted by Mad Gerbil
Hi Martin,

Thanks for all the help.

Ran Mode 6 copied to 3 as you suggested and low down punch was much better than 8 copied to 3. Temp on my GM 13.5 pro was not a problem

Can you copy 7 to 3? and what sort of profile would this give you?
we don't use 7 copied to anywhere
actually we never use 7 anyway

either mode 6 copied to mode 3 for 5cell racing, or 8 copied to mode 3 if temperature is too high

Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
Just got the GM Genius 120 esc.
Can someone help with the right software for the USB driver etc.
When you click on the USB driver link on the Graupner site, you end up on a site from Silicon Labs with no instructions on what to do....

Any help appreciated.

click on me to download USB Driver