R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ko Propo 2.4ghz system
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:47 AM
jag88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdev
Hmm, I must have gotten a faulty unit. I got one in April from their online store and just tried it for the first time last weekend. When I get the transmitter and receiver communicating the system is perfect - glitch free, long range, no issues. But 2 out of 3 times I power the system on, the transmitter and receiver refuse to communicate. Note I have been turning on the radio first, waiting for the solid red light on the transmitter module, turning on the receiver, and waiting for the solid red on the receiver. 2 out of 3 times though, I will get a solid red light on both yet only the steering servo responds to radio input and even then it's glitchy and very slow. No throttle response. Or I will not get a solid red light on the receiver (keeps blinking for more than 60 seconds) and in that scenario, neither servo responds. So it's only working for me 1 out of 3 power ons. Note that it does seem to be better (works 3 out of 4 times) if I power the radio and receiver on when they are at least 4 ft apart. Go figure.

Note I know it's not my radio or my servos as I have tried the tx/rx module with another helios and it exhibits the same problem. And I have also used my radio/servos with the normal 75Mhz crystal module/receiver and they work great.

I sent an email to KO. Hopefully they respond back and exchange the parts for me.

IMO I still think that they don't have a perfected system. I have the same problem as you
and that is after I sent in two receivers and the module for an update. One receiver works and the other does the same as you stated above.

I really want a Futaba.