R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 04:54 AM
theisgroup
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Yang, please don't forget to mention that your 4 cell runs were admittedly accomplished with a less than optimal set up on your car. I'd hate for people to get the idea that I can actually control a 12th scale!
actually, it was the setup i was runing for the last track. i had just rebuilt the car. but the track was definately more green on week 1. this was week 1 on the track. we had just finished putting down a new layout. but week 2 was the first time I ran the 1s lipo car in 17.5. i just finish the conversion the night before. i changed the front spring, side spring, center shock, center shock oil, and center spring. the front camber and caster were from my 4 cell setup. here is what i can admit. my 4 cell car was running 42mm rears. though they were not new, they were not chunked. my 1s car, i ran 40mm reas off my 13.5 car. and there was not an edge on either of the 2 wheels. also on my 1s car, i ran the speed8hd body and the 4cell, i ran the speed12. but you are right the car did not transition around the track as well as i would have liked with my 4 cell.

the tracktion was definately better on week 2. but that was part of why i included your time. you ran 1s both weekends and the car was basically the same, minus setup changes and etc. but you were my control parameter. your consistency both weeks made it much easier to see changes to the track from week to week.

quite a few changes, but hey that is all I got. since we have adopted the roar rules for 1/12th. there really is not a reason for me to run 4 cell anymore.

Last edited by theisgroup; 06-05-2009 at 05:05 AM.