R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2002, 06:06 PM
Mauler
Tech Regular

Originally posted by adelmundo

DANIEL - Managed to fix the radio problem. Got a new servo and fixed the radio. All is good now =). Even got a chance to put in a front Kyosho LSD and test drove it in front of my house. It works pretty good, but how it handles in front of my house and how it handles on the track are 2 different things. I plan on going to DELTA to try it out during practice. The funniest thing about the car, I set it up on a HUDY like 3 months ago and it still works! The set up seems to be perfect for the way I drive I hope I remember the set up I think I have it posted on this board somewhere cause I may need to readjust the car using this new front LSD.
Hey, be careful about running the LSD upfront. It handles great but it seems that the gears need plenty of lubrication and cooling. Since the front diff hub is much smaller, the effects of the black lub are greatly reduced. Guys that have been running it in the rear have cracked the sun gears due to heat...

I ran mine upfront before and after a few sessions, I took it out for maintainence and guess what, the black lub turned into murky greyish substance... I know this happens to normal diffs too, but this is the LSD we're talking about. Better be safe than sorry...

I would also suggest that you would fill up the front diff case to the fullest to maximise the cooling effect... and maintain it regularly too... Other than that, enjoy that handling!

Just my 2cents!!