R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies Cyclone
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
So I go to the Reedy race this weekend and see what this car can do. In all honesty, i thought i have already driven my Moorespeed Cyclone to it's limit and as far as set up, it was not gonna get any better that what it was. I was seriously considering getting a new car..something different. My car was great at Speedworld. But to my surprise, after handing Hiro my car to see if my beat up cyclone had any more life to it, it woke up. And not just "it's good where it is" type, but "WOW...it is the best it has ever been". I would occasionally put down my TA05 IFS and just sigh and say to myself.."why can't my Cyclone handle like this?" Well...at that time, i concluded that the shortcoming of teh Cyclone was the fact that it had 2 different size belts and the balance was off. I was wrong. It handled better than any other sedan could. It allowed me to win my qualifier, but not good enough to make the A. Had i taken my car to Hiro the day before, i think i had a great chance of being in the A. Needless to say, i have a new reborn loyalty to my Cyclone. Thankyou Andy, Colin, and Hiro for helping me with my car. Thankyou Jarrod and Steve for also making sure i could get ready for my race. Looks like the Cyclone is gonna stay. Im probably gonna get another one now. Cheers!
my car isnt purple.. but i stole the "geometry" of the Cyclone from Joven and Korey... put it on my car...and BOY did i have a great set up. too bad the car was better than the driver.

it's definitely nice to have support from team drivers.