R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 07:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

Long while since I posted. Still running SDs and loving them.

My mod car now has Rayspeed top plate and towers and a chassis I mad myself from 3mm carbon fibre. It's very similar to the factory SSG one but by rearranging the steering levers I have managed to move the cells further forward and further towards the centre.

I also managed to move the servo further forward again, giving even more space for electrics, fan, etc.

I also have the new alloy suspension arm mounts. The 0 kick up front one makes the car alot better. I use it with 5 degree C hubs.

I encountered the same problems with the graphite centre shaft snapping when run with hot mod motors, so I have gone back to my modified TC3 graphite shaft, and have had no more problems.

I have finally got used to the locked front diff. it's one I glued up myself. Does anyone actually make one like IRS do for the TC3?

The other SD is an almost standard SSG car which I run in stock. Only mods here are graphite centre shaft and servo turned through 90 deg. They are both great fun.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Hi John, nice to hear from you again. IRS don't make a spool. I talked with Dave Irrgang the owner and he said they will not be making one because in the past Yoke changes their cars so much that as soon as he had a part made Yoke made another car so he won't be making any parts for the SD.

SpeedTech from this site is working on getting some spools made for the SD and I'm sure if you email him or post on his thread he will let you know how he is making out about having them made.