R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Krio
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
just a question on the push control. Does it help a brushless motor to "coast as well or is it purely for brushed motors? or is it with push control and brushless motors that the motor is still running a little when i go from full throttle to no throttle if i put push control on?

If so how would that work with drag brakes then? Is it then that when i leave the throttle from full throttle to no throttle that first the drag brakes are applied and then after a while i get the coasting effect? That would be interesting to use.

edit:

Ok i tried it just now cause i was curious. Put coasting on 40 and hold my car up in the air and the effect is just the opposite then what i thought! After i leave throttle then first coasting is applied and then after that draggbrakes are applied. Hmmm maybe i can use that as well lol but would have preferred the other way around more.

Maybe an idea to put an extra function in hotwire to sellect wich effect you want? First dragbrake and then coasting or first coasting and then dragbrakes.
You should not have push control on as well as drag brake otherwise you will get the effect you just found. Put the drag brake slider to 0 and then up the push control. You should notice some residual power being fed to the motor after you have returned the throttle to neutral.