R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 10:21 AM
YmeBP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
To change over the front axle is somewhat of a job, but not bad if you have a small cordless screwdriver. Take the radio tray off and I take apart the front end as well. It doesn't take that long once you have done it a few times. If you think you are going to run a diff sometimes, I would use the older ackerman plates. The Evo 2 uses the one off of the M3 car. You kit probably came with the older ones. Start with the #11. I have not run a radio box in about 5 years, but if you feel better using one, go ahead. The only downside is the extra weight.

Must have hopups? Probably not, but there are benefits to some of the hopups. I don't know if your car came with CVD's but if it didn't, I would run them in the front. For racing applications, if you run a spool, the YBSLOW front spool is less than half the weight of the steel spool. I wouldn't use it all the time as it will wear more quickly, but when you are serious that is the time to go for it. I really like the convenience of clamping wheel hexes. I use the ones made for the Team Magic G4. The Kyosho SP belts free up your drivetrain quite a bit. APP brake pads are a good upgrade. I would also pick up some steel pinions (at least first gear pinions).
I meant to ask you if you use an aluminum front/rear radio tray brace. I noticed there is quite a bit of flex with the plastic one, is this good for my gears? I can't imagine that amount of flex can be good.