R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4 gallons of Byrons GenII 30%
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 06:15 AM
HenBeav
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

no, you just pointed out you know how many sponsorships work, most of the people i know that have 50% from a company are set up so they still buy product from their local hobby shop, assuming the hobby shop is a dealer for what they are sponsored from, the hobby shop sells it to them at a discount and still makes money off the sale by either getting the product cheaper intially if the order was for the sponsored person or getting a "refund" from the sponsoring company for the drivers purchases. Yes it is a little more work all around but that is how it is done, now there are some people who can only get their discounts from ordering direct from the sponsoring company but I would assume they would still need to buy things like glue and tires and expendables at their hobby shop and if the sponsorship makes racing afforable to them so they can actually go out and race more isn't that still a good thing so there are people to race, and if they are sponsored i would hope that they are helping out the new people to grow the hobby.

Or you could just waste time posting stupid questions online trying to make a track look bad and sticking you nose in everyone elses business.