R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Mamba Monster + Zippy Lipo's = SMOKED
Old 05-26-2009, 01:36 AM
drperry
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrxrocks
OK guys I take it all back. I just went and recounted my spur gear. It has 46 teeth. I doublchecked. So 13/46 is not tall at all.
if I run 10/46 I don't think it is drivable because 13/46 does wheelie on demand. The stock nitro had never done any wheelie. BTW the nitro stock also run 13/46 and later Losi sells the Muggy with 12/46. I think 13/46 is reasonable. I checked my temp right before the esc smoked/fired up. The motor show about 120 and esc about 100, then two laps later all I see was smoke then fire.

The HPI flux has 44 teeth spur, I was confused.

My point is Zippy is good enough for HPI savage flux with twin 3s. The flux has the same esc as v3. May be I am just lucky with the flux but not with the v3. The two trucks weigh about the same.

I just run a Flux again with twin 3s about 4 hours ago without any problems. The muggy is down but the Savage flux is still going around 60mph. I'll run it again tomorrow with twin 3s and we'll see.

One more thing, the final Front/Rear Differential Gear Ratio is 4.1 to 1 and it has direct drive with center diff.
That's odd... It's definitely not a gear issue, with a 4.1:1 ratio... Or, at least, it shouldn't be.