Old 11-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Surge
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by JJ187RC
1. Brandon MCnally
2. Mike Uhmino
3. Todd Bath

All were running MTX3's. I know Todd was running the 777 engine and was able to run 2 laps more than anyone else. It was a really good race as well. Had good power and fuel ecnomy.
I am the guy that was fortunate enough to run the Palmaris Racing modified MR12 at the ROAR Region 9 Champs. It was an awesome engine. It had great power, was easy to tune and didn't over heat. I raced against a couple Rodys, a Murnan Pixi and a couple other .12 mods of unknown make. The winner in the drag down the straight was mostly dependent on corner speed going onto the straights. The Rodys had a little better bottom end out of the hole but I don't think I had 1st gear quite right. Mid to Top end was pretty equal. I finished 3rd in the 20min. A-main with the Palmaris and had the fastest lap in the main by .05sec. but not the fastest of the weekend. One of my qualifiers had a pace 2sec behind TQ until my steering rod came loose, DOH!! I ran a fuel economy test on a slightly damp track that was about 3sec. per lap slower than dry. 1st tank 8:45sec, 2nd tank 8:20sec back to back. Temps <230F. I even made a rookie mistake and ran it a tad too lean during the trial but the temp still didn't break 230F and ran like a champ afterward. Talk about temp control! After the track dried up we ran the mains. I ran for 6:20 in the first stint of the Amain before running out of fuel and didn't ever take it easy on the throttle like I have to with other engines. 6min. between pitstops was easy. The Palmaris p/s still had pinch like my other engines just after they were broken in and this engine already had more than a gallon through it before I got it! TopGun 777 knows his stuff!