R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 03:23 PM
MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
wow you guys must have hands of steel to press those bearings into the axleTwo other guys had this issue in my area. Aside from the front driveshaft cup, all this kit needs is a center shaft that is 2mm shorter and all the problems will go away. With a shorter shaft, you can shim the bevel gear properly and still have enough play.

Everything else is based on your experience in building cars properly.
Hands of steel? No, started the fit by hand but let tightening the wheel onto the hex do the rest of the work
I experienced the broken front cup though now. Bummed as it happened right before the main. Didn't even hit anything and have only been running a Mabuchi motor. I need to do some testing on this car so I think I have a good fix for it. I drilled some holes and inserted 1.5mm pins from an RC18T axle. 2 pins lined up well with the 3rd hole not quite right but I think 2 steel pins should be much much stronger then the plastic 'teeth'.
I hope HPI comes out with metal front cups and harder shock springs ASAP. The kit springs are too soft for high bite asphalt- way too much body roll.

Originally Posted by akura2
Hey Mike... it was good meeting you yesterday....
Good to meet you again as well. HPI Micro RS4 Socal Worlds- good fun back in the day!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1383.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	456914   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1384.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	456916   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1385.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	86.2 KB