R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Mamba Monster + Zippy Lipo's = SMOKED
Old 05-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Jube
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrxrocks
Should I cry now. My mamba moster esc just caught fire after only two minutes of running. I just finished converting my Losi Muggy from nitro

And yes i used Zippy (two 3s). But I have been using the same zippy packs with my savage flux for about 20 runs and they have been perfect. I also have use the same packs with my mamba max with 5700kv about 10 runs. So how does CC explain that? I will give them a call soon and hope to get it fix/replace. I think cc must stand by their products. It a good business practice to replace esc instead of losing customers.
Originally Posted by wrxrocks
my gearing is 13 pinion and 44 spure. The motor is 2200kv, that I bought as a combo. There should not be smoke coming out of the esc. I said cc needs to come clean on this matter.

Thank you for my laugh today! If you dont know why you smoked your esc then maybe you should try doing some research before you put your components into service. Amazing that guys like you want to blame castle for your ignorance. Sorry to be so blunt.