R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Whats Wrong with Australia's Sponsored Drivers
Old 05-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BORMAC
Personaly Im sick of hearing people asking what ratio gearing to run at a given track, what is the winning set up and so on.
I dont think people who do all the R&D getting their cars right should have to share their set ups with everyone. What happened to the good old days when you learnt this stuff yourself?
While its nice to help educate fellow racers I think its kinda a joke to think you should rock up to a given track and expect the local fast guys to hand over their winning setups.
More people need to do their research and learn what set up is right for their driving style and the track conditions on the day.
I cant profess to be any kind of set up guru but I'd prefer to acheive results from my own hard work and not others.
Rant over.
Well as said before the setup will not suddenly make them the fastest. I had someone run my same setup last weekend that was very quick in mod. It helped him improve but he still lacked speed. Everyone runs something of a personal preference in their setup and to think you can be fast with someone elses excact setup is unrealistic.