R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 06:34 PM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Well guys, I had a great weekend of racing with the 416 coming away with the Superstock (10.5) title at the MuchMore Masters event. It helped that it was held at my home track, but I’ll take the win nonetheless. I had the fastest car all weekend but didn’t put it to good use in qualifying ending up 3rd on the grid, but was solid in the finals with a 2nd, 1st, and 3rd. I’ve attached my setup which is basically the same as the base asphalt setup but with unique shock setup. All weekend everyone was saying how good my car was, I had comments like it has the perfect amount of steering, not too much grip, carries awesome corner speed, is the quickest in transitions, etc, etc. For anyone running med grip asphalt the setup is weapon fast.

I also got to test a couple things over the weekend. I tested the Speed 6 and LTC-R back to back & they were similar on pace, but the Speed 6’s greater stability made the car understeer & caused bad wear on the front tyres. I could have changed my setup to compensate but I stuck the LTC-R on and the steering came back so stuck with that all weekend. I also ran my fastest ever lap at the track using an LRP motor (I always thought novaks were the gun), and I was running alloy knuckles and rear uprights so there might not be much truth to the “plastic goes faster” mentality. Maybe I would have been even faster with plastic parts and a novak motor but hey it was enough on the day
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CraigM 2009 MuchMore Masters - SMA 20090524.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	456417