R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 09:55 AM
el salvador
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Whats the Diff?

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I'm a little upset with the way the ackerman arm fits int eh evo2 wc, the eylets rub against the diff housing. Didn't Kyosho think anyone would want to run a diff? Do they make a smaller front diff housing than the standard one?
It looks like Kyosho did figure that most people would run a spool or a oneway in the Evo2/w/Evola steering components. I however,took the complete front diff and "chucked it in my drill press, (carefully), and used a vixon file and a sanding board to decrease OD of the housing. Some sanding on the inner Tie Rod ends and the Evola saver arm, and after much time, patience, test fitting, it all works.

Another guy here in Seattle has managed to fit Xray diffs front and rear. The front diff w/Kyosho sprocket goes right in. The rear required machine work to remove the Kyosho housing from the sprocket and mate the Xray housing to the Kyosho sprocket, in order to retain proper gearing and belt tension. Ive thought about just the Xray diff in the front, but my car works fine now, and I think the Evola Steering parts do improve the car, every little bit helps.