R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 08:42 PM
fmolzer
Tech Regular

Hey, I have a great idea, why don't everyone that thinks Serpent is crap go and buy something else, and the guys that like Serpent products go and buy the 710. In the end, I have seen these type of discussions go on and on forever and it will never, ever, ever lead to something constructive. I like Serpent products, think they are innovative as a company and try to develop their platforms continously. With that in mind, there is bound to be leaps from one platform to next when an engineer tries to improve on a current design. Will it work? we won't know until the car has seen some real track time. In the end, once you reach a certain level of racing, it all boils down to personal preference what you decide to buy. If you are good enough to win with a Serpent/Mugen/VoneR/R40/NTC3/Yoke/ or whatever, you know that it boils down to personal opinion. Look at the couple of latest nats, plenty of different manufacturers represented in the top mains... So with that knowledge, you know you really can't go wrong with any of the designs. 710 is hopefully a step up from the 705, but just like all the other platforms, it will not come with a trophy in the box, you still have to set it up and race it sucessfully. let's get this tread going on 710 specific stuff, not a "quality this, quality that" type thread. I for one have built enough kits to know and understand nothing is so good it can't be done better, either by the kit manufacturer or by the kit builder.