R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 IFS
Thread: Tamiya TA05 IFS
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The Japanese Factory Driver use double 1-way because it was running with a high turn 23T motor on a hugh track...you want those slow motor to carry the MOST speed to the car without losing any...I think thats why he decided to use BOTH. And I know alot of ppl start up using the center 1-way because they are like $20...instead of the front 1-way $40, the center 1-way is a cheaper way for a taste of running 1-way...but still, I would think using the actual front 1-way is the right way to start first...then pick up the center 1-way for extra adjustment.

I use only front 1-way for silver can and 17.5 and it is plenty fast on carpet and outdoor parking lot track...unless I am running some 1/8th on road track, I don't think that is necessary...beside, if you go for a bigger track, you should not run silver, 23T or 21.5 BL...go for something faster then 10.5 BL.

About the C-hub not holding the screw...my case, still using the same hub since early 2008...I have not break any hub so far nor I open the car and clean them, and I think thats why they are holding up pretty good. Try NOT to take off the screw and rework the hub/bearing too much...you only need to work on these area when you have to, otherwise, Tamiya is a pretty strong car for beater....(I used the IFS R for indoor carpet, then use it for outdoor GT3 or GT1, then pretty soon will use it for RCGT by only changing motor and tires...and adjust setting per track condition).

For outdoor IFS-R setup...use the Japanese Factory driver setup for starter...I used that last year for 17.5 and only need to do minor setup to adopt the track...very good start up setting. You can find that at TamiyaUSA site under TRF