R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 12:31 AM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
(originally directed at SpeedMerchant, but Michael chimed in while I was "writing")

Yes, but it really seems like you're comparing apples with oranges with that much weight disparity. Would adding 135g to the LiPo cars weight bring the lap times back to more or less parity? I fully acknowledge that adding weight gives up a lot of the "nice things" going to lighter LiPo cars gains (livelier feel, less tire wear, "softer" impacts, etc) but many of us are looking at CAN there be reasonable parity AT THE CLUB LEVEL for the transitional period?

What (very) little "testing" (and it really is notable only for a) it's absolute brevity and b) didn't "explore" much beyond what an undergeared LiPo 13.5 car would do against a well-driven, well-sorted 4-cell 17.5) gives me hope that we can find that here but we plan to schedule a couple real live test sessions before making any sort of decisions for our next season.
Agreed, but the lipo car is what it is, and the 4 cell the same. There are more issues than just the weight disparity. I wouldn't argue with anyone trying to find parity during the transitional period, but I don't think that it will last very long (the transitional period) the way things are going.