R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Engine Trouble
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Kyo83
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by panman9
hey not sure if i can get that exact flywheel because i live in australiabut im sure i can get one like it. im also thinking that it could be somethingto do with my 2 speed clutch bell . i've seen some clutch bells and on most of them the bolt or screw that keeps it in place usally sits below the top of theof the bell but on mine it sits above the top. any way just something else to think about
This is true. The UFO or push type clutches I spoke of earlier are like that, but I didn't think you wanted to dish out $80 bucks for a whole new clutch set up, just to get an old modle car running again. Plus those are more gear to on-road racing. After seeing your car, it looks more like a Rally/off-road racer.

With that said, just try to get a smaller flywheel. It should work...btw that was a Kyosho flywheel. You can get it direct from them but its gonna cost you more.

If all eles fails...try to tradeing you newly aquirred engine with someone eles (on the forum trade/sell section) slighty used engine the has a pilot shaft (threaded) instead of SG shaft.

I have a MT12 with this shaft....but unwilling to sell...sorry. I just upgraded the bearings

Good luck dude.

Last edited by Kyo83; 05-19-2009 at 10:18 AM.