R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
DannyS
Tech Master

Travis, I completely agree, Anthony A was running my truck with a Murfdogg motor in it on Saturday and Sunday. I was approached by staff at OCRC and told that the 13.5 murfdogg motors is actually a 12.5. I found this upsetting due to the fact that I’ve been running that motor in my truck for some time now and have competed at races that have tech and the motor always passed. I also run a Banzai motor and it's just as fast but nobody thinks their illegal due to the fact that they’re not as flashy and colorful. When I was told that the sticker was pulled off by Anthony I was upset. If the motor is illegal and we're breaking the rules then we deserve to be punished or banned. But as far as assuming, well you know. My truck is very very fast, and that has to do with the fact that I gear it with a 69 spur and 35 pinion. I don't win every race but that is because my driving skill isn't that good not because my car isn't fast. Anyone running the murfdogg motors didn't win because their motor was faster but because drivers like Anthony and Travis and others put in the extra hard work and practice to be great drivers. Great job to all who raced this past weekend and congratulations to all the winners and participants.