R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - V-spec problems with top end.
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Jaz240
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ittjv
I've also had issues with my Vspec the last two weekends. I'm wondering if someone can share some insight. Here are my symptoms

The engine will turn on, but if I blip the throttle it dies. If I slowly give it gas and then clean it out, it sounds great, but when I close the throttle it dies.

If I manage to get it running, it is very inconsistent. Sometimes it has no low end power and no top end and sometimes it has good low end snap and no top end. I tried resetting all the needles and tuning from there and nothing helps. The engine also never seems to get hotter than 200 degrees.

When I replace the plug, it seems to actually run for a heat or two without stalling. But I've changed at least 3 plugs in the last two race days even though the fillament seems to glow red.

I'm finding the carb to be wet under the carb boot (the slide).

Any ideas? Oh, it is a gen 1 Vspec that I've had for about 2 years, but it's probably got only about a gallon through it. I thought it was a carb leak, so I reseated the carb and it worked amazing for one practice night, but it went back to it's old self this weekend and I'm at a loss. I'm thiking of buying a Werks B7 or something else...

Possibly leaky carb Boot...they dont do well sitting around, the rubber gets dried out..Try a new boot on the slide, if that dont work, seal up the base of the carb, the backplate, the HSN housing, and the pinch bolts..but not until after you check the engine bearings..its possible that sitting around for so long your bearings have rusted