R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:44 AM
John St.Amant
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Nice try. I have many Tamiya cars and one Xray. And as far as quality is concerned I don't think there is any better in the RC market than Xray (Corally is up there too). Comes at a price, but you know the law, you get what you pay for.
No.... Hudy and X-Ray overcharge so people think they are getting the best stuff when all you are doing is paying for which-ever sponsored drivers free parts. Seems to me it would be far cheaper to buy 2 kits instead of replacement parts. X-Ray parts are two or even three times what most manufacturers charge for similar parts. If the '09 was so good it would be world champ instead of Marc and a 416. Personally I feel the '09 is just an over priced orange copy of the Tamiya car. The only difference is the attachments to the chassis of the lower control arms a rotation of the servo.
Now days the 416 is about $10 more but it comes with hard anodized threaded aluminum shock bodies, nitrate coated shafts.... and for all the fellow LRP guys... BLUE IS BETTER! Even though orange is my favorite color. Just try rebuilding your CVD's. For what it costs for one barrel I can replace all the pivoting hardware on my Tamiya.