R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - v spec or v spec worlds
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 08:36 PM
freestylinmotox
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Powell
Stock Vspec= Strong bottom and top, very good run time, switchy power band, short engine life (5 gallons average) due to non-coated crank and oil hole in crank instead of rod

Worlds edition = Excellent power bottom to top, excellent run time, smooth linear power band, double the life of a stock Vspec due to coated crank and oil hole in the rod

Best value = Ninja JX21. Excellent power bottom to top, excellent run time, Smoother than stock Vspec but not as smooth as worlds ed., long engine life due to coated crank and oil hole in rod.

All of these engines have more bottom and comparable top end to the WS7. I would say the worlds and JX will both last as long as the WS7.

You must not be tuning the v-spec right if your only getting 5 gallons. In my area, ive seen v-specs get up to 15-20 gallons with just 1 piston/sleeve change. Normally v-specs should last at least 9 gallons without having to replace the piston/and or sleeve.

V-spec is overall a good motor. If you want to take things a step further, then go with a speed. It will hurt your wallet bigtime though. The Speed has to much power unless your on a HUGE, FAST track. Otherwise its not necessary. V-spec is good in every aspect IMO.

The V-spec is well worth its $300 pricetag!

Just my 2 cents!