R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 03:17 AM
k_bojar
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Oh, wow... Just so happens I have an FX esc, mini rx, and silver can sitting on my bench. Is this an omen?

Looks very nice! How does it drive?
from the little area in my backyard where I drove it - it scoot'ed really nice. Wasn't as noisy as I was expecting it to be - I guess that's partly because of the Pro4 gears

I'm still waiting on a body to put the rear body mounts on - so hopefully by next weekend i'll have it all finished so I can run it on the 30th

I do have to warn you - since I took that long screw from the suspension arms (the one that acts like the steering stop), I did manage to over extend the steering so it got locked not too crazy about having that happen - so I guess at somepoint i'm putting those screws back in..

A little thing I did in the gear boxes - I noticed this 'little bead' right in the center of where the bearing goes. I noticed a ton of binding in the diff cases when the screws were tight, so I had to 1/4 turn the screws back out. So after I noticed this 'bead', I took my knife and smoothed out the bearing seat. I only did this on the half of the diff cases that you remove to change the diffs. Once I did this to the case, I was able to tighten the screws all the way in (but I still backed them out some for good measure )

not sure if this is what others have seen or was it just something with mine?? At some point, I'll pull the entire diff out the car and check out the other half of the case