Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
JRRobiso
Tech Addict

Arrow TRYHARD WEBSITE

Originally Posted by home13oy75
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a used 415 MSX recently and have been trying my best to read this thread from the very beginning. I have a race coming up soon and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction so I can at least purchase the parts I need. I will be racing in RCGT at a hobbytown outdoor unprepared asphalt. I just purchased the tekin rs pro 17.5 system. I know that the I should start with a FDR of about 3.5 and go up. I'm looking for a 64P spur gear but not sure what size I should start with that will fit the car and have the space for necessary adjustments.

Does anyone have a link where I can read up on the suspension mounts? It's kinda confusing. I'm currently running the std arms, I haven't switched to the shorter arms yet because the car came with a bunch of spare std arms. Or maybe a ball park figure of what arms I should start with in the front and rear so i can go order them online would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone else running a tekin rs 17.5 and have a starting setting that I can try?

Sorry for the lengthy post and numerous questions. I'm very new to the hobby and feel overwhelmed with the amount of reading that I feel that I must do!

Thanks in advance.

Ray
Try his website for suspension questions and set-ups : http://www.thard.co.uk/415