R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 06:00 AM
timmay70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore
<snip> As to saucing the tires this again can depend on the amount of bite but in general you sauce full rear and outer 1/2 to 1/3 of the front.
We always sauce the fronts starting from the insides of the tire, and only go out as far as needed. If you start saucing the fronts from the outside edge, it will catch the edge of the front tire and try to dig in. This will make the car edgy and evil. Not saying that you can't get this to work. I know people (decent drivers) that always sauce the whole tire.

If I have to sauce less than 1/4 or more than 3/4 of the front tire, I generally look for a different tire (less than 1/4 harder, more than 3/4 softer).

As far as car set-up, there are plenty of t-bar addicts on this thread (excluding me), post here a full listing of your set-up (ride height; front middle and rear, front spring size, shock oil/spring and side damping, brand and compound of tires, battery position, etc).. I am sure that you will get some help. The people that can help that are on the s120 thread should also be reading this one.

good luck